Posted on February 11th, 2013
Do you have a boring corner in your living room? Or do you want to add a subtle color accent? Then make these mini pom pom embellishments! I used them to add a fun splash of color to our living room. I think the coral looks beautiful against the blue-ish grey background.
This is what you’ll need:
- a fork
- colored yarn (wool or cotton, it doesn’t matter)
- needle & thread
photos by Noortje Emmerink, Mintstudio Creations
And here’s how you make them:
- Wrap the yarn around the outer two prongs of the fork as evenly as you can
- Once you have enough yarn wrapped around the fork cut the end
- Using a new small string of yarn bunch the pom-pom-in-the-making together and tie really tightly so it is secure. Do this in the middle of the pom pom, in between the prongs to make sure it’s central.
- Take your yarn off the fork and cut all the loops. Be sure to get them all!
- Now give your mini pom pom a trim to shape it into a perfect, plush, round pom pom
- If you want to hang your pom poms like I did, simply use a needle to get a thin thread through the center of the pom pom and tie a knot.
That’s it, have fun!∗