Posted on December 19th, 2012
photos by Noortje Emmerink, Mintstudio Creations
Thought I’d bring you an easy, healthy recipe for a delicious breakfast smoothie, for those days after Christmas, when you can’t think of food anymore… This will make you feel full & satisfied and it will give you plenty of energy to kick start your day!
Here’s what you’ll need for 4 servings:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 l ice cold soymilk
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- a handful of walnuts (I was out of walnuts, so I used nut sprinkles instead: works very well too!)
- 3 sachets instant espresso (5,5g in total)
- a blender
- Roast the walnuts for 5 minutes in a dry pan and let them cool for a bit.
- Dissolve the instant espresso in a small amount of hot boiled water. Set aside.
- Cut or break the bananas into pieces and put them in the blender together with the walnuts, sugar, espresso & nutmeg. Puree this until you have a smooth mass.
- Add the soymilk and let the blender turn it all into a delicious smoothie. Have a taste and add more brown sugar if you like.